2nd Vision Care Student Art Contest
2016 Theme: Light in your Heart
Vision Care Service West invites elementary, middle and high school student across the country to participate in the 2016 Student Vision Art Contest! The theme is "Light in Your Heart” and it challenges you to research, explore, interpret, and express something meaningful about the visions, sights and eye-health.
The “Light in Your Heart” Student Art Contest will inspire people to learn about our precious sight and vision while thinking of creative ways to promote the prevention of blindness and impaired vision in the world.
Open to 1st through 12th grade students(2016 Fall). Entries must include a typed paragraph describing the artwork and the inspiration behind it.
All artwork submissions must be postmarked by July 22, 2016. Entries can be mailed in or hand delivered by 5 p.m. before or on the deadline date.
- By Mail A1 Learning Center
Attn: VCS West Student Art Contest
5001 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 201, Los Angeles, CA 90036
Entries also can be submitted at any Open Bank branch in Los Angeles and Orange County area. For branch locations, see the below:
- By Person : Open Bank Branch
Buena Park Office: 5141 Beach Blvd., BLDG #2, Suite E, Buena Park, CA 90621
Olympic Office: 3030 W. Olympic Blvd., Suite 110, Los Angeles, CA 90006
Western Office: 550 S. Western Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90020
* Mon-Thur: 9:00AM–5:00 PM, Friday: 9:00 AM–6:00 PM
Sat: 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM (Buena Park and Olympic branch only)
- Deadline: July 22, 2016 (Entries must be reached by July 22, 2016)
- Announcement of Winners: Aug 1, 2016 (www.visioncarewest.org)
- Award Ceremony: Aug 27, 2016 3:00 PM (bank Western Branch)
- Exhibition: Aug 27, 2016~Sep 10, 2016 (Open bank Western Branch )
2016 winners will receive the following prizes and be featured at the art exhibition at the Open Bank branch.
- Grand Prize: $500 of scholarship
- First Place (1st-12th): $100 of scholarship
Winning artwork may be reproduced on on Vision Care Services promotional materials during the year.
Entries will be accepted in various media: crayons, markers, pencils, paint and fabric. . . BE CREATIVE!! Students are encouraged to depict wise uses of experience in their daily lives.
- Dimensions: 14”x17”
- Submit the artwork entry along with a completed Vision Care Service Contest entry form and $20 entry fee (Cash or Check payable to Vision Care Service West)
- Please make sure to tape application on the back of the submitting artwo
- Artwork must be a student’s original work and each student only enter one piece.
- The artwork may not have been used by any individual or other organization for any other purpose.
- In the application, please provide short description of your artwork in relation to the theme.
- Please make sure to tape application on the back of the submitting artwork.
- Through submission of artwork, contestants and their legal guardians grant to the V CS non-exclusive reproduction and publication rights to the works submitted.
- Vision Care Service is not responsible for entries that are late, damaged, or lost.
- The winners of the art competition will be announced at website on Aug 1, 2016. Winners also will be notified individually.
- All the artworks of 13 winners will be returned on the last day of exhibition. Excluding the winners, please pick up your art work at Open bank Western branch . VCS West will not be responsible for any artwork not pick up until Sep 10, 2016 .
Please download the below information and application.